Configuring MacMail on Mac OS X Sierra and High Sierra
1. Open the Apple Mail application by clicking the Mail icon on the bottom dock. You can also click the magnifying glass on the top right and type the word ‘Mail’ into the search bar.
2. The mail app opens and asks you to select an account provider.
- The ‘Choose a mail account provider…’ page opens:
3. Select the Other Mail Account… option and click the Continue button. If you have another email already setup, you’ll need to also click the @mail option.
This example uses the email address “[email protected]”:
4. Enter the following:
- Full Name: This is how you’d like your name displayed when sending email.
- Email Address: This field must contain the full email address.
- Password: This is the password you selected for the email account.
5. Click the Sign In button when finished.
You should receive notification reading the name or password cannot be identified:
6. Confirm the following three fields are configured:
- Account Type: Choose IMAP or POP (IMAP is preferred. See note below.)
- Incoming Mail Server: Your mail cluster name provided by JL Designs.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Your mail cluster name provided by JL Designs.
8. Choose which apps you’d like to associate with this account and click Done.
Your new email address is now set up and ready to use. You can send a test message to confirm it’s working properly.