Configuring Your Email On An iPhone
The following shows you how to access your DreamHost email account on your iPhone (using iOS 11):
Adding a mail account to an iPhone
1. Tap the Settings badge on the home screen of your iPhone.
- The Settings page opens:
2. Scroll down until you see the ‘Accounts & Passwords’ setting.
3. Tap Accounts & Passwords.
4. Tap Add Account.
5. Tap Other.
6. Tap Add Mail Account.
- The New Account page opens:
7. Enter the following information for the email account:
- Name — Your name, which displays on the receiving end.
- Email — Your email address, which is where replies are sent to and should likely be the same as your username.
- Password — Your password.
- Description — Description of this account.
8. When finished entering your new account details, tap Next in the upper right corner.
- The MAIL SERVER settings page opens:
9. Make sure ‘IMAP’ is highlighted, and then enter the following information for the INCOMING and OUTGOING MAIL SERVER:
The email address ‘[email protected]’ and the mail server ‘sub4.mail.dreamhost.com’ are shown as examples in the above screenshot. Be sure to enter your actual email address and mail server into these fields.
Please reach out to JL Designs for information on mail server settings.
INCOMING MAIL SERVER
- Host Name
- — Your mail cluster name provided by JL Designs.
- — [email protected] (the email address you’re accessing.)
- — Password for the email address. If you don’t know what this is, you can reach out to JL Designs.
OUTGOING MAIL SERVER
Host Name — Your mail cluster name provided by JL Designs.
Username — [email protected] (the email address you’re accessing).
Password — Password for the email address. If you don’t know what this is, you can reach out to JL Designs.
10. When finished entering the new mail server details, tap Next in the upper right corner.
- The mail server is contacted and verifies your email account:
- When the email account is successfully verified, the following page appears allowing you to save your new mail account:
- Tap Save in the upper right corner to finish setting up your new mail account.
Secure settings are enabled by default when you create the mail account. This means your port numbers are set to secure ports that use SSL when connecting to the mail server.
You can view your settings by following these steps:
- Navigate to (Settings > Accounts & Passwords).
- Tap an email account.
- Tap ‘Account’ to view the basic settings.
- To view your secure settings, tap ‘Advanced’ towards the bottom.
- Scroll down to view all settings.
Push and Fetch settings
‘Push’ is not available with your email account. You must use ‘Fetch’ or ‘Manual’.